According to a recent study conducted by the renowned analytics firm STR Global, the worldwide hospitality sector is growing and expanding at an unprecedented rate:
- Planet Earth is home to about 202,000 fully functioning hotels, resorts, and taverns.
- However, this research doesn’t account for motels, hostels, guesthouses, B&Bs, and other alternative accommodations, which implies that the number is likely much closer to 500,000.
- If you combine all of these lodging options, there are upwards of 25 million independent rooms, suites, and chambers spread across the globe.
- Hundreds of new hotels and properties are inaugurated on a monthly basis, making it very difficult to track the comings and goings of the hospitality industry in general.
- There are over 100 individually operated booking sites in today’s day and age, many of which serve as essential advertising platforms for multinational conglomerates and global hotel chains.
As you can see by now, the global accommodation sector is fully saturated and brimming with a seemingly infinite number of options from which to choose but it’s important to note that the convolution doesn’t end there. The overabundance of marketing ploys such as airbrushed photographs, overstated descriptions, and flat-out deceitful reviews makes it extremely difficult to confidently establish a booking and avoid being taken for a ride, so to speak.
Thus, if you’d like to avoid the nonsense and baloney associated with booking your next holiday online, it’s in your best interests to follow the systematic checklist shown below.
Step One: Find an Authentic Luxury Review Site
First things first; you’ll want to avail yourself of unbiased, even-handed reviews as opposed to pay-for-play ads or fake promotional appraisals, which are the scourges of the online booking matrix.
The easiest way to do this is to visit a reputable holiday review website, ideally one with an extensive collection of on-site luxury hotel reviews, cruise line assessments, and airline valuations.
Step Two: Confirm a Robust In-House Reviewforce
Next, you’ll have to ensure that your review site of choice is operated by a team of renowned professional analysts:
- Experienced hotel and resort consultants
- Specialised aviation experts and airline assessors
- Cruise, tour, and event counsellors
- Former high-ranking hospitality sector executives
- Public relations authorities
- Retired sales directors from notable accommodation organisations
This is the only way to make sure that the onsite reviews, evaluations, and descriptions you read are procured by seasoned travel superstars who have ample experience in the hospitality niche.
Step Three: Establish an Exclusive Account and Profile
Based on the regularity of your travels, you’ll be able to choose a complimentary LUXE membership or an all-encompassing PREMIUM account (for frequent jetsetters).
After completing the intuitive sign-up process, you’ll be able to peruse a bounteous assortment of professional reviews, instructive first-hand accounts, and comprehensive assessments regarding a wide range of destinations including Australia, Europe, Thailand, and Dubai, just to name a few.
Step Four: Evaluate Your Options and Reserve an Inclusive Booking
From the destination and accommodation to the flight and all of the extras that you can imagine, you’ll be able to use a perceptive, state-of-the-art booking system to establish a top-to-bottom reservation based on your specific whims, desires, and wishes.
Best of all, you’ll be able to facilitate the entire process on a single platform instead of being forced to mix and match the various aspects of your getaway through several discrete sources.